Sunday, November 29, 2009

P'Up-Date!



My pup has now ruled the roost for 3 weeks now! He's getting more stubborn and has more clout than he ever did! He sleeps on us while we watch tv and life with him is just like having a new baby! Tonight he crawled up under my arm and put his head up on my shoulder and rested for a moment....then began tickling my neck & ear. I was laughing so hard & he knew he was the cause of it. The whole playful puppy wag began and well.....he's just constant entertainment. And I've officially become one of those old people who dotes on their dogs!

I got him this little hoody because he seems to be so chilly outside. He's not much of an outdoors-man at all....though he discovered a weak spot in the fence so I had to go move rocks this morning and hopefully block his way. (This is the same hole I had another dog crawl thru years ago and got killed right in front of my kids!) Hubby still hasn't fixed it, so even if it looks like Sam Stinkin' Hill....I'm going to protect my pup! Sadly he doesn't think much of the whole clothing idea and tried endlessly to tear it off....sooo......anyway....had to get a picture of him with it on!! It's like he's just saying "Oh Mom!....the big dogs don't have to wear a jacket!" He makes my empty nest just a wee bit easier to bear!

I'm learning a lot as I grow older.....that my mom really did need a restroom every 20 minutes or so....that mother nature is kind in dimming our eye sight....I look ever so much better without my glasses on, thinking I'm looking okay to be seen in public until I put those darn things on and see my eye liner is 1/8 inch below where it should be! But there's a certain comfort to be had knowing that when hubby takes his glasses off, he still sees me as he did 27 years ago....(well...just about!) And puppy....well he just doesn't care about such things at all, preferring to love without reservation or prejudice. A character trait I would do well to try to emulate....perhaps I could sleep with such abandon as well!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous post!!YOur new baby ... omg!! so stinkin cute and with his new hoodie!! He's ready for Hollywood :) Kathy ... love how your posts are always fun, interesting and just plain enjoyable to read! = thank you! you put a grin on my face instantly!
    Ok.. and about getting older ... right there with yA ! sending my warm wishes and grins your way!! MORE PICTS OF YOUR NEW BABY... doesn't know he's a doggy right! too cute! :)with a grin, steff

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitley have a way with words Kathy!
    What a gift! I just love reading your blog! The hoody... oh what a cutie! And he looks like he might be enjoying it too?! Lucy hates clothes...:( The pic on his back... that's a true confirmation that he is right at home and you are his momma! So fun! Glad you are enjoying the little guy. I think you were meant to find Maxi!
    So, I don't need to ask if Santa is bringing him a new toy?
    Oh, and glad you got rocks on that hole!
    Keep the photos coming...it will be fun to see him grow up!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete